Provide ongoing monitoring, medication training, support and assistance to individuals served with chronic and persistent mental illness. Provide psychosocial rehab and case management as identified in the Person-Centered Treatment Plan for independent living and community inclusion.
The position involves travel to clients' homes throughout the Corpus Christi area. Works under supervision of the Clinical Director and RN Director of Care Coordination.
Requires the ability to adhere to a demanding daily schedule.
The position is responsible for providing all services using a recovery approach; creating trust, transparency, collaboration, mutuality, and while encouraging choice and demonstrating respect for cultural and gender issues.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Make community visits to established and new consumers assisting them with the following:
- Assisting the client to manage symptomology and maximize functioning
- Understanding of the concepts of recovery and resilience within the context of the serious mental illness.
- Developing an understanding of the relationship between mental illness and the medications prescribed to treat the illness.
- The interaction of medication with other medications, diet, and mood altering substances.
- Understanding the overdose precautions of the client’s medication.
- The identification and management of potential side effects.
- Teaching self-administration of the client’s medication.
- Necessity of taking medications prescribed and following the physician’s or other qualified health care professional’s orders.
Registered Nurse or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Must maintain a current license in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing
Must adhere to all applicable laws and standards for the State as well as Joint Commission.
2 Years of experience working in mental health, home health or human services field preferred but will train motivated newly graduate Registered Nurse.