The Qualified Mental Health Professional/Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist for National Smart Healthcare Services is a PRN "as needed" position in the El Paso area. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree. Trained in the issues concerning the everyday challenges faced by the mental health population.
The responsibility of the QMHP is to utilize a variety of approaches and interventions to promote recovery within a site based program as well as provide successful community/in-home experiences. Provide individualized support and skill teaching in the community. Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services as appropriate.
- Typically this position would provide in-home and on-site psychosocial rehabilitation/case management services. During times of COVID, this position contacts consumers via tele-health, utilizing telephone and/or IPAD.
- Ability to maintain a caseload of mentally ill persons
- Participate in treatment case conference meetings
- Assist consumer in coordinating weekly appointments, including arranging transportation and preparation of required paperwork
- Link individuals to community resources and peer supports to promote community integration.
- Actively engage individuals in services including outreach visits at the individual's home, crisis center or outpatient facility.
- Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services appropriate for the individual.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's (psychology preferred but not required), RN or Masters Degree in social work or counseling.
Licensure: LVN, LPCi, LMSW, RN, LCSW, LPC
Experience: 1-2 years previous experience working with the psychiatric population. Knowledge of local community resources a plus.
National Smart Healthcare Services
Why Work Here?Since 2006, National Smart Healthcare Services, Inc. continues to meet the needs of adult consumers with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) diagnosis, enrolled in a Managed Medicaid plan and living in the following service delivery areas: Harris County, Jefferson County Nueces County, Travis County, Bexar County, El Paso County, and Hidalgo County. Our staff includes certified case managers and licensed therapists ( LCSW, LPC, LMFT) with extensive training and experience in meeting the needs of consumers with Severe and Persistent Mentally Ill ( SPMI) adults in their home or community setting.
Excellent career opportunity to join our rapidly growing company with great benefits.
El Paso, TX