The Qualified Mental Health Professional/Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist for National Smart Healthcare Services holds a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree. Trained in the issues concerning the everyday challenges faced by the mental health population.
The responsibility of the QMHP is to utilize a variety of approaches and interventions to promote recovery within a site based program as well as provide successful community/in-home experiences. Provide individualized support and skill teaching in the community. Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services as appropriate.
- Provide in-home and on-site psychosocial rehabilitation/case management services.
- Ability to maintain a caseload of mentally ill persons
- Participate in treatment case conference meetings
- Assist consumer in coordinating weekly appointments, including arranging transportation and preparation of required paperwork
- Link individuals to community resources and peer supports to promote community integration.
- Actively engage individuals in services including outreach visits at the individual's home, crisis center or outpatient facility.
- Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services appropriate for the individual.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: LVN, Bachelor's (psychology preferred but not required), RN or Masters Degree in social work or counseling.
Licensure: LVN, LPCi, LMSW, RN, LCSW, LPC
Experience: 1-2 years previous experience working with the psychiatric population. Knowledge of local community resources a plus.