Senior Tax Accountant
- $90,000 to $110,000 Yearly
Senior Tax Accountant
National Services Group (NSG) is a nationwide residential and commercial reconstruction/renovation company. We oversee the operations of our subsidiaries EmpireWorks, CollegeWorks, and Home Genius Exteriors. NSG has an exciting opportunity in our Accounting Department. We are looking for a senior tax expert to manage and facilitate the preparation and filing of our company’s federal, state, and local returns. The ideal candidate is a team player who creates and implements tax plans and works with accounting leadership to identify improvements. They will ensure compliance with all tax laws and monitor current and upcoming changes to the tax regulations.
Federal Income Tax
- Lead the preparation of financial information for tax reporting purposes including C Corps, Partnerships and S Corps working with our outside CPA firms.
- Assist the CFO and Controller with year-end tax planning.
- Lead and participate in tax strategies including tax conversions and strategies.
- Assist in the filing and assessing tax implications of final returns for dormant entities.
State and Local Taxes (SALT)
- Ensures compliance with all state and local taxing authorities including income taxes, city taxes, sales tax, gross receipts tax, information returns, property tax assessment filings, etc.
- Perform research to determine tax compliance into new territories (state, localities, jurisdictions).
Other Tax Matters
- Oversee annual 1099 reporting.
- Liaison with outside CPA firms for all tax related matters
- Directs and oversees the companies’ tax policies and objectives.
- Conduct tax research on various issues, business initiatives, and projects.
- Provide support with various issues, business initiatives, and projects.
- Prepares responses to all tax inquiries.
- As the Company’s operations evolve and expand, identifies any impact on tax compliance and takes appropriate action as needed.
- Five to ten years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA Preferred.
- Familiarity and/or experience with transactions, and entity conversions.
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting and tax compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and tax procedures of business entities.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong understanding of accounting sourced information including general ledger, trial balances and financial reporting.
- Sense of urgency and strict adherence to deadlines.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Life/AD&D. We also offer Critical Illness, Hospital Confinement, and Accident.
About National Services Group.
Our brands are some of the fastest growing reconstruction and renovations in the country. We have twenty offices across the country and have over 800 team members. We have a reputation for having the most talented people on our crews and within our organization. We value relationships and are committed to the community and our clients.
National Services Group, IncIrvine, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.