Program Manager I, Mobility Safety
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Save lives, from the workplace to anyplace.
The National Safety Council is America’s leading safety advocate. We enable people to put everyday strategies in place to solve problems — at work. As a non-profit, our focus is on eliminating the leading causes of preventable death and injury. More specifically, NSC is focused on:
- Workplace Safety
- Roadway Safety
- Workplace Impairment
Every one of our employees is committed to helping people live their fullest lives, and right now we’re seeking someone to fill the role of Program Manager I, Mobility Safety.
As the Program Manager I, Mobility Safety you will collaborate with other mobility safety team members, but mostly work autonomously to change individual behaviors to keep them safer on the road. To do this, you will develop and lead in-person or virtual trainings, represent NSC at events and exhibits, and contribute to driving attendance to events and trainings. The best candidate has a strong understanding of the learner dynamic and can affect behavior change through classroom and virtual training.
Note: that this is a grant-funded position that requires our next employee to live in the state of Texas
What You’ll Do:
- Define the main objectives of projects, their purpose, and the scope.
- Create integrated and ongoing project plans to include tasks to compliment broad goals
- Execute the work or assign work as part of the plan.
- Monitor and control the processes/tasks associated with the project.
- Provide knowledge and promote products/services to various audiences.
- Write articles, blogs or similar outreach documents for print or online publications.
- Keeps updated on Texas public policy, issues, legislature and regulatory influences, as well as scientific research, and reports the most effective strategies to address the issues.
- Participate in trade show or other similar outreach events.
- Engage in regular communication with, and build relationships in all directions (e.g., peers, supervisors, funders, stakeholders) to advance the strategy / program.
- Support and encourage an environment that appreciates the diversity of employees and stakeholders styles, opinions and perspectives.
- Relay information, build consensus, fact-find, and maintain transparency and open exchange, while keeping partners up to date and notified of program status and impact.
- Communicate with other NSC initiatives, campaigns, and departments to identify potential dissemination and cross-collaboration opportunities.
We’re Looking for Someone with:
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience. In lieu of education, at least 6 years of relevant experience
Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Highly proficient at project management and organization skills.
Ability to build collaborative relationships.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000
This can be a remote position but only in the state of TX.
Reasons You’ll Love it here:
NSC cares about the safety, health, and overall well-being of our employees. We offer competitive benefits, resources, and tools to promote a work-life balance that supports employees during all phases of life. We off the following:
- At least 20 PTO days accrued 1st year and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 403(b) & Roth 403(b) with employer match up to 6%
- Reimbursable training
- Student loan pay down
- Dress for your day
We believe that you can’t be safe if you don’t feel safe. Feeling safe requires a commitment to equitable policy implementation and promoting diversity in the safety profession. We must cultivate our own diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment to deliver on our mission to save lives, from the workplace to anyplace.
NSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
National Safety Council
BusinessView all jobs at National Safety Council
Get fresh Manager Safety jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.