Summary: NSA Rubin Bros, LLC has an immediate need for a full-time Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor at our Chicago office. We are a family owned manufacturer of apparel and have made a home in Chicago since 1907. We are looking for a hardworking, dependable team member to join us.
Position Overview: Supervise the warehouse/shipping department team to achieve optimal efficiency in our warehouse.
· Receive incoming goods, check for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
· Pick orders, pack, receive, and dispatch outgoing goods according to written or verbal requests or orders.
· Ensure proper routing of materials is maintained while transporting the materials between departments.
· Enter data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock and inventory records.
· Retrieve stored information to respond to inquiries (for example on stock transfer, inventory levels or delivery schedules).
· Perform other routine clerical activities according to the organization’s established procedures. These may include updating stock cards and inventory records, and completing receipt, transfer, delivery, and dispatch forms.
· Ensure inventory accuracy through cycle counting.
· Communicate work center/department objectives and results.
· Understand detailed area operations and make decisions which impact quality; time or cost; work OT; etc.
· Effectively lead as many as 15-20 team members.
· Create a climate of trust and respect within the group.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
· Experience with computers including Microsoft Suite and Internet
· Must be able to lift and move inventory, as well as spend long hours standing and walking.
· Strong organizational skills and follow-through
· Must have at least one year of experience in an advisory role
· Demonstrated leadership competencies
· Bilingual in Spanish and English an added bonus
National Safety Apparel is an Equal Opportunity Employer