VDI Systems Administrator (Hybrid - Not 100% Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
VDI Systems Administrator
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a VDI Systems Administrator in the RMG - Business Technology Services group. In this position you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and support of CFC’s virtual desktop environment. This individual partners with our Windows engineers to design future desktop architecture and optimization, provides input into our VDI hosting strategy and advanced support for our Help Desk technicians and users.
As a VDI Systems Administrator, you will:
•Build, test, and troubleshoot VDI images and upgrades to our end-user business applications.
•Oversee VDI information security support by regularly patching VDI images and our app stacks to secure the environment and improve our user experience.
•As a member of our Windows Engineering team, responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of our Windows servers and desktop operating systems.
•Ensure the resilience of our virtual desktop and Windows server infrastructure.
•Serve as escalation point for our HelpDesk to provide level 2 VDI support.
•Serve as VDI point of contact with Microsoft, DELL, VMWare and other vendors for product support issues.
•Support projects and initiatives, as assigned.
To be successful, you will need:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent work experience required.
• 5+ years of experience in a VDI systems administration role required.
• In-depth knowledge and ability to support and maintain VMWare Horizon VDI, including the Master Image, AppVolumes, User Environment Manager, Desktop Pools, and Security/Connection servers.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products to support VDI and desktop users such as Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, ADFS, Azure-AD, GPO Policies, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows servers, including OS upgrades, VmWare Vcenter and ESX system maintenance and support.
• Strong focus on the overall end user experience From the VDI desktop to the business applications required to run the business.
• Ability to write Microsoft Powershell scripts to support desktop builds and management of the desktop builds and Horizon Infrastructure.
• Experience with PrinterLogic and MS FsLogix preferred.
• Experience with Desktop as a Service (DaaS) cloud technologies preferred.
• Ability to create system diagrams and documentation.
We offer a hybrid work environment schedule along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes annual incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation
20701 Cooperative WayDulles, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?