Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
- Posted: 24 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting on our Accounting team. The Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting manages the External Reporting & Technical Accounting team. This person will collaborate with internal stakeholders to lead the coordination, preparation, review and timely filing of the Company’s periodic quarterly Form 10-Q and annual Form 10-K reports in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements. Monitor and evaluate the impact of new accounting pronouncements on the Company’s financial results and assist in ensuring compliance with SOX controls over financial reporting.
As a Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting, you will:
• Manage the preparation and completion of the quarterly Form 10-Q and annual 10-K filings with the SEC, as well as filings on Form 8-K and other required SEC filings.
• Lead the preparation and review of working papers supporting SEC financial filings, including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, etc.
• Facilitate review and approval of quarterly/annual SEC filings with key stakeholders, including business units, external auditors, legal counsel, CEO/CFO, disclosure committee and audit committee.
• Review investor relations materials, conference call scripts and other financial data summaries.
• Prepare materials for the board of directors’ meetings
• Evaluate and analyze the Company's disclosures in periodic SEC filings as compared to the required disclosures prescribed in the U.S. GAAP and SEC disclosure checklist.
• Manage the maintenance of the Company's XBRL taxonomy and internal mapping, tagging and testing related to the preparation, review and filing of XBRL exhibits.
• Monitor new accounting and reporting standards, provide subject matter advice on the impact on the Company, document in formal memos and ensure the Company adopts accurate and timely standards.
• Assist with the design, documentation, maintenance and compliance with SOX internal controls.
• Supervise, mentor and develop staff including allocating work and making decisions regarding employment, training and development and performance appraisals.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• CPA required.
• 5 years or more of public and/or private industry experience, including at least 3 years of SEC reporting.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Prior financial institution experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting and disclosure requirements.
• Experience with XBRL and Workiva preferred.
• Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
• Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
We offer a hybrid work environment schedule along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes annual incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop. CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation
20701 Cooperative WayDulles, VA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?