WHO WE ARE:
NRCis a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We've successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a CDL Driver - Environmental Technician to join our growing team!
The Commercial Driver/Environmental Technician is responsible for transporting hazardous/non-hazardous waste according to DOT and HAZMAT regulations with a Commercial Driver License (CDL). The position also completes daily field service activities which include emergency response, hazardous waste handling & cleanup, and site remediation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
- Perform daily inspection and required preventative maintenance of trucks, equipment, and vehicles; ensure readiness for use
- Comply with Company, DOT and HAZMAT regulations as a driver including logs, time sheets, expense reports, vehicle inspection reports, etc.
- Properly load/unload hazardous/non-hazardous waste; adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of company equipment
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B required with manual endorsement & clean driving record
- Two years experience driving commercial motor vehicles
- Mechanical ability
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Willing to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro