Entertainment Market Research Vice President
National Research Group San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world. With the entertainment ecosystem in a period of immense change, we are looking for the best and the brightest to help shape the future of storytelling for the world's most admired and innovative content creators.
Why You'll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for pop culture. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
We are seeking an Entertainment Market Research Vice President to join our rapidly growing Content & Strategy team. In this role, you will manage and provide support on all aspects of primary research including both qualitative and quantitative methods. You will bring your intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial mindset, and storytelling ability to lead research initiatives that help answer important strategic questions around content and marketing from the biggest movie studios, TV networks and streaming platforms.
If you're passionate about qualitative and quantitative research; if you possess a natural ability to visualize data and bring it to life through storytelling; if you enjoy being a trusted consultant to entertainment clients; if you geek out on entertainment – this opportunity is for you.
- Lead entertainment market research studies including but not limited to brand health, concept evaluation, content tests (movies and series), messaging/positioning evaluation, creative material tests, market sizing and segmentation. Many studies are a combination of quantitative and qualitative.
- Lead all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire/discussion guide development, data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Translate research data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations through visual and creative reports, ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality deliverables.
- Successfully design and field complex research initiatives with minimal oversight by working with and through others.
- Partner with Marketing Sciences to ensure advanced analytics are embedded in survey design and analysis as appropriate.
- Lead and develop a team, giving meaningful feedback on all aspects of a project, and training analysts and managers across methodologies.
- Cultivate and foster deep client relationships to successfully execute on projects and drive overall business.
- Serve as a trusted partner to clients, fully understanding their overall business objectives and strategically strengthening the relationship.
- Identify and develop research opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Serve as a trusted expert in entertainment, pop culture, research and media trends.
Who You Are
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done well, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and solve complex questions using creative, collaborative tactics.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects in multiple areas of specialization/ across the product and services lifecycle
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire a team of analysts, managers and directors.
- 7+ years' experience working in consumer research (ideally with an entertainment focus).
- BA/BS with a strong academic record, and with a degree in a business or social science field, or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of a range of complex research methodologies (such as factor analysis, max diff design, conjoint analysis, and segmentations)
- Experience with qualitative techniques and approaches across audiences (e.g. kids) and platforms (online and in-person).
- Strong interest in entertainment.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, written and visual communication skills. Ideally, experience with other platforms such as Google Docs, Slides, Keynote, etc.
- Excellent oral communication and client service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work harmoniously and effectively within a team and across teams.
- Upholding and showing leadership around NRG's core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit.
This is a full-time, exempt remote position.
This job operates in a professional office environment (subject to local directives/changes regarding COVID-19). This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you want to work at NRG
- Why you are interested in entertainment
National Research Group
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at National Research Group