Senior Research and Evaluation Manager
- $84,000 to $98,000 Yearly
Job Title: Senior Research and Evaluation Manager (SREM)
Term position – 18 months
Reports To: Interim Director Research and Evaluation
New/Replacement Position: New Position
Location: Remote (within the United States)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $84,000 - $98,000
About the Organization
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, healthy, and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. NRPA advances this vision by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals as a catalyst for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being.
With more than 60,000 members, NRPA champions and supports the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates through professional development, grants and programs, research, publications, conferences, advocacy and more.
For more information, visit www.nrpa.org.
For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
Collaborates and leads the production of research (40%) and evaluation (60%) deliverables. Produces meaningful park and recreation research focused on projects spanning diverse themes with an underlying goal of improving park and recreation agencies and increasing exposure of their good works by leading the written and verbal communication of public-facing research findings and other deliverables and collaborating with the Senior Research Manager and Interim Director of Research and Evaluation to develop and maintain research production plans for new and repeating data collection efforts. Measures short-term results and long-term impact of NRPA grant programs and collaborates on tools and guidance to strengthen the evaluation skills of stakeholders inside and outside of the organization (e.g., NRPA members). The SREM works closely with the Senior Research Manager and the Senior Evaluation Manager to ensure that deliverables are meeting department standards, aligned with the department and association vision and strategic plan, and scheduled and executed efficiently and with high quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the Senior Research Manager on the creation, analysis and reporting of all research-generated member surveys.
- Lead efforts to write and present research findings for varying audiences in the form of reports, magazine articles, academic journals, blog posts, conference presentations and other avenues in accordance with department, organization, and industry standards.
- Provide input and feedback on all research-related deliverables.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure internal and external surveys and forms are standardized and reflect NRPA’s approved language and intent.
- Create and execute measurement plans that assess the progress and long-term impact of NRPA grant programs. This responsibility includes developing evaluation plans and key project metrics for concept papers and grant applications. For some projects, the SREM will develop a full evaluation framework, including identification of methodology, process and outcome measures, data collection methods and sources, and timelines. For other projects, the candidate will identify and manage relationships with outside consultants that serve as the primary investigators.
- Communicate evaluation findings (written and verbal) to the research and evaluation team, program managers, funding partners, NRPA management and other key stakeholders. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders on written reports and dashboards appropriate for a diverse audience of members, funders, and partners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, is able to represent those in external relationships, and ensures that they are reflected in the programs and activities for which they are responsible.
- Seek new methodologies and other innovations for evaluating the impact of NRPA’s grants in communities and the overall impact of NRPA.
- Collaborate with the research and evaluation department staff members to create standard operating procedures and policies that improve its ability to reduce bias and support diversity, equity, and inclusion in all data-related efforts.
- Represent NRPA at conferences, meetings, and site visits with local park and recreation agencies.
- Support research and evaluation membership booth and other NRPA annual conference activities, as needed.
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
- In lieu of specific educational requirements, professional experience, accomplishments, and industry knowledge will be highly regarded.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6-9 years in related field (research/evaluation, statistical analysis, technical writing); 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred; Association or P&R experience preferred.
- Full life-cycle program evaluation experience a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods and approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize and present data and research findings clearly and concisely to a diverse audience. Strong experience and enthusiasm for non-academic writing for trade or membership organizations a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite required. Strong experience and skills with online survey software (e.g. Qualtrics, Alchemer); data analysis software such as SPSS (Custom Tables and Syntax a plus), GIS software (ESRI), and data visualization (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) are strongly preferred.
- Superior project and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Robust collaboration skills with internal and external partners.
- Committed to working collaboratively with a wide diversity of colleagues and inspired to be a contributing member of an inclusive work culture.
- Willing to travel up to 20 days per year.
National Recreation and Park AssociationAshburn, VA
Get fresh Senior Research and Evaluation Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.