Technical Trainer - Railroad Transportation Remote Control Operator (RCO)
- Expired: January 29, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Technical Trainer - Railroad Transportation Remote Control Operator (RCO)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Salary; Exempt
Reports To: Director of Compliance and Development
Travel: Yes, travel is expected for this position
Supervisory Responsibility: Some
Compensation: $90,000 annually, option of bonus, mileage, per diem
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is a certified DBE/WBE firm primarily focused on providing safety services to the railroad industry. NRSS is the most trusted name in the railroad industry for providing qualified field safety staff and safety training. To best serve the railroad industry, NRSS provides all of these services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. NRSS has the proven ability and the proven safety record to handle any project.
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is seeking a Technical Trainer - Remotr Control Operator to support training services for Class 1 Railroads, Regional Short Lines, Transit Systems, State DOT's, as well as Railroad Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants alike. The applicant will be required to travel and provide training for railroad transportation employees.
Degree or equivalent training in Railroad Transportation, Railroad Operations, Communication and/or Education (Preferred).
Completed a Class 1 program of Remote Control Operator in the past 3 years.
Key Success Factors:
- Accountability: Accept full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Ability to consider a variety of issues that exist in the workplace and change from one task to another as necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent, thorough manner, and attend to details while pursuing quality when accomplishing tasks.
- Communication: Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to employees/clients in a clear and succinct manner.
- Customer Service Focus: Ability to provide service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
- Decision Making: Ability to identify/understand issues, problems, opportunities and take appropriate action based on available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Innovativeness: Ability to devise new plans for quality excellence.
- Knowledge: Ability to navigate various rulebooks and demonstrate mastery.
- Organization: Ability to maintain training materials and/or records in a clean and ordered manner.
- Stress Tolerance: Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition such as time pressure or job ambiguity.
- Teamwork: Promote cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Thoroughness: Ability to ensure that one's work is complete and accurate.
- Proven experience as an instructor in both classroom and field training.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated team building and verbal/oral skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required; well organized.
- Strong technical knowledge in Railroad Operations, Railroad Transportation, Locomotive Engineer Training, Remote Control Operations Training, and Safety.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Provide various technical Classroom training programs primarily focused in the transportation department.
- Provide various technical On The Job training programs primarily focused in the transportation department.
- Direct, develop, and evaluate training materials using accepted railroad industry methodologies.
- Provide quality instruction and maintain quality records for internal and/or external clients.
- Assist the safety department with service excellence through document creation, conference calls, auditing, etc.
- Identify and manage tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a field and office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to hear, speak, read, and write clearly in English.
- Must be able to drive long distances and/or travel by other modes as necessary.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or walk on level/uneven ground.
- Must be able to see up close, distances, colors and have use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to tolerate dusty/noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short Term, Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Railroad Project Manager, Railway Project Manager, Superintendent, Trainmaster, Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager, General Manager, Railroad Trainer, Railway Trainer, Technical Trainer, Safety, Training, Designated Supervisor of Locomotive Engineers (DSLE), Transportation, Operations, Conductor, RCO, Remote Control Operator.
All employees of all levels are to remain committed to safety at all times while employed at National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS). As such, no job is so important and no service is so urgent that we may not take time to perform all work safely. Simply put, safety is our way of life. By placing safety first, we not only ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities, but we hold true our commitment to being the leader in safety throughout the Railroad Industry.
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Any candidate selected for this position must be able to successfully pass pre-employment/recurrent background checks, drug/alcohol testing, and classroom training.
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS)
EducationView all jobs at National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS)
Get fresh Remote Control Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!