Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC)
Location: Toledo, OH
Job Type: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Reports To: District Manager
Travel: Yes, travel is expected for this position (50% - 85% on average).
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Compensation: Negotiable, based on skills and experience.
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is a certified DBE/WBE firm primarily focused on providing safety services to the railroad industry. NRSS is the most trusted name in the railroad industry for providing qualified field safety staff and safety training. To best serve the railroad industry, NRSS provides all of these services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. NRSS has the proven ability and the proven safety record to handle any project. Find the safety you have been missing today!
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is seeking a Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC) to support railroad flagging services for Class 1 Railroads, Regional Short Lines, Transit Systems, State DOT's, as well as Railroad Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants alike.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum 2 years of experience with a Class 1 Railroad, Regional Short Line, Transit System, State DOT Rail Division, Railroad Supplier, Railroad Contractor, and/or Railroad Consultant; preferably within the Maintenance Of Way (MOW) Department.
Key Success Factors:
- Accountability: Accept full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Ability to consider a variety of issues that exist in the work place and change from one task to another as necessary.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent, thorough manner, and attend to details while pursuing quality when accomplishing tasks.
- Communication: Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to employees/clients in a clear and succinct manner.
- Customer Service Focus: Ability to provide service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
- Decision Making: Ability to identify/understand issues, problems, opportunities and take appropriate action based on available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiative: Ability to identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked.
- Innovativeness: Ability to devise new plans for quality excellence.
- Knowledge: Ability to navigate various rulebooks and/or regulations and demonstrate mastery.
- Organization: Ability to maintain materials and/or records in a clean and ordered manner.
- Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize work load to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Stress Tolerance: Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
- Teamwork: Promote cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Thoroughness: Ability to ensure that one's work is complete and accurate.
- Proficient computer skills in basic email, phone, and text message applications.
- Proficient computer skills in Android OS; on tablet & smart phone.
- Proficient computer skills in Citrix Applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge in Railroad Engineering, Railroad Design, Railroad Construction, and Safety.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail; well organized.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time; sometimes month(s) at a time.
- Ability to successfully complete Federal, Client, and/or Company Specific Training.
- Provide jobsite coordination.
- Provide clear and concise communication with Dispatchers, Train Crews, other Railroad Personnel, and/or Contractor personnel.
- Provide clear, concise, and thorough job briefings with all personnel on each job site.
- Enforce all Railroad, State, and Federal Policies.
- Identify rule violations and resolve in accordance with Railroad, State, and Federal Policies.
- Enforce Contractor training requirements.
- Submit daily field reports detailing Contractor and/or Railroad activities.
- Provide On-Track Safety in accordance with 49 CFR 214 Federal Regulations for Class 1 Railroads, Regional Short Lines, Transit Systems, State DOT Rail Divisions, Railroad Suppliers, Railroad Contractors, and/or Railroad Consultants.
This job operates in a field environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to hear, speak, read, and write clearly in English.
- Must be able to drive long distances and/or travel by other modes as necessary.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or walk on level/uneven ground.
- Must be able to see up close, distances, colors and have use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to tolerate dusty/noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Assistant Division Engineer (ADE), Assistant General Manager (AGM), Assistant Roadmaster, Bridge Inspector, Bridge Manager, Bridge Maintainer, Bridge Supervisor, Division Engineer (DE), Employee In Charge (EIC), Flagger, Flagging, Flagman, Flagmen, Flagperson, Foreman, Foremen, General Manager (GM), Maintenance Of Way (MOW), Manager Track Maintenance (MTM), Manager Track Projects (MTP), Rail, Railroad, Railroad Project Manager, Railway, Railway Project Manager, Roadmaster, Roadway Worker, Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC), Roadway Worker Protection (RWP), Safety, Signal Inspector, Signal Maintainer, Signal Manager, Signal Supervisor, Track Inspector, Track Maintainer, Track Manager, Track Supervisor.
All employees of all levels are to remain committed to safety at all times while employed at National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS). As such, no job is so important and no service is so urgent that we may not take time to perform all work safely. Simply put, safety is our way of life. By placing safety first, we not only ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities, but we hold true our commitment to being the leader in safety throughout the Railroad Industry.
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Any candidate selected for this position must be able to successfully pass pre-employment/recurrent background checks, drug/alcohol testing, and classroom training.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS)
ConstructionView all jobs at National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS)