This is a full-time position where the successful applicant is placed within our hands-on 18- to 24-month valuation training/apprenticeship program. The timing and duration of the program is based on prior experience and ability to master concepts. The program includes a three- to six-month rotation with our Research Group before you transition to a valuation team for the remainder of the program. Upon completion of the trainee program, the associate will advance to a fee-split appraisal position with the firm.
Trainee Appraisers are mentored by a principal or director and gain exposure to the appraisal delivery and reporting process in a comprehensive, stepwise manner. At NPV Advisors, trainees gain familiarity in the appraisal of a wide array of property types with various levels of complexity, from industrial warehouses to trophy/landmark assets throughout the country. All of our trainees are fully sponsored by a supervisory appraiser and concurrently enroll in courses at the Appraisal Institute to work toward licensing and state certification.
Our training process is designed to identify and cultivate those who have the dedication and drive to rise to senior-level positions within our firm. Successful candidates will be able to work independently, open to moderate levels of travel, display comfort in research, analysis, and report writing, and will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Assist senior appraisal staff in the preparation of narrative appraisal reports
- Conduct preliminary research on property fundamentals, analyze operating expense information, and abstract property leases
- Draft narrative reports that clearly explain inputs, assumptions, and results
- Research and analyze comparable leases and sales
- Conduct market surveys
- Financial modeling. Appraisers utilize Argus Enterprise to input assumptions, property information, and analyze cash flows for income-producing assets
- Work toward appraisal license certification
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- 1 to 3 years of prior real estate or finance experience
- Strong analytical ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to write in clear, concise language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to take Appraisal Institute courses and work toward certification
NPV Advisors provides equal opportunity employment to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
National Property Valuation Advisors, Inc.
Why Work Here?NPV Advisors is one of the largest commercial real estate valuation and advisory firms in the nation. Our firm is recognized as a premier advisor to institutional organizations, private investors, and lenders. We work nationwide and offer a full range of real estate appraisal and counseling services for all property types.
Awesome learning & growth potential while working with great people!