Commercial Real Estate Valuation Associate (Trainee Appraiser)
National Property Valuation Advisors, Inc. Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NPV Advisors currently has an opening for a Commercial Real Estate Valuation Associate (Trainee Appraiser) in our Houston office. This is a full-time position and the successful applicant will be placed in our 18-to-24 month apprenticeship program. Upon completion of the program, associates roll to fee-split appraisal positions within the firm.
Trainee Appraisers are mentored by a principal or director and gain exposure to the appraisal delivery and reporting process in a comprehensive, stepwise manner. At NPV Advisors, trainees gain familiarity in the appraisal of a wide array of property types with various levels of complexity, from industrial warehouses to trophy/landmark assets throughout the country. All of our trainees are fully sponsored by a supervisory appraiser and concurrently enroll in courses at the Appraisal Institute to work toward licensing and state certification.
Our training process is designed to identify and cultivate those who have the dedication and drive to rise to senior-level positions within our firm. Successful candidates will be open to moderate levels of travel, display comfort in research, analysis, and report writing, and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Independent thinkers who are internally motivated and quick learners thrive in at our firm.
- Assist senior appraisal staff in the preparation and drafting of narrative real estate appraisal reports
- Conduct preliminary research on property fundamentals, analyze operating expense information, and abstract leases
- Research and analyze comparable leases and sales
- Conduct market surveys
- Utilize Argus Enterprise and/or Argus DCF to input assumptions, property information, and analyze cash flows for income-producing assets
- Work toward state and general certification
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- 1 to 3 years of prior real estate, economics, or finance experience (Candidates with less than a year of experience who are interested in a valuation career are encouraged to apply for our Real Estate Associate role.)
- Strong analytical ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to write in clear, concise language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Argus Enterprise or Argus DCF preferred
- Financial Modeling experience preferred
- The salary for this position ranges from $45,000 to $60,000. Salary will be determined by experience, education, and location.
- Appraisal Institute Membership & Dues
- Educational Benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K
- Health and Dental insurance
NPV Advisors provides equal opportunity employment to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
National Property Valuation Advisors, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome learning & growth potential while working with great people!
From its inception as a boutique firm in the industry, National Property Valuation Advisors has evolved into one of the largest privately held real estate valuation and advisory services firms in the United States. We serve our clients through regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Newport Beach, Houston, Dallas, Denver, and Seattle. The company is recognized as a premier advisor to institutional investors and lenders. NPV Advisors provides equal opportunity employment to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1880 South Dairy Ashford StHouston, TX