Web UI/UX Designer Support
National Older Worker Career Center Anthony, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Being Age 55 or Older is Good for The Environment! The Economic Research Service - Experienced Services Program (ERS - ESP) offers unique opportunities in Economic, Scientific, Technical, and Agricultural support for individuals age 55 and over to support the USDA through a grant administered program through National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC). This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued. The ERS - ESP provides an opportunity to work side-by-side with ERS staff that are doing important work every day. Benefits: Paid Health Insurance Premium for positions budgeted at 60+ hours per pay period, accrued sick leave, and optional Vision and Dental Insurance available for positions budgeted at 30+ hours per pay period. Positions listed here do not guarantee employment for any definite period of time. Enrollment in the Experienced Worker Programs administered by NOWCC is temporary. The enrollment relationship between NOWCC and the Enrollee is an at will relationship. This means that an Enrollee is free to terminate his or her enrollment at any time during the enrollment period, and NOWCC and the Agency have the right to terminate the relationship with the Enrollee.This position is 100% telework at this time. This may change based upon the agency's needs. This position can be located in either Washington, DC or Kansas City, MO.
Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in related field. OR MA/MS Degree
- ? Knowledge of the U.S. Web Design System (USWDS) and standards highly desirable.
- ? Ability to understand the principles of accessibility for all audiences, including those with physical impairments and to create documents that are Section 508 compliant.
- ? State-of-the-art knowledge of web/digital technologies (existing and emerging), and communication and design theory and practice (and is capable of merging the disciplines to produce a rich web experience for customers).
- ? Experience working independently, and as a member of a team, to translate creative ideas into strategic online solutions.
- ? Demonstrated experience creating clean layout, compelling designs, and intuitive interfaces that provide high-quality user experiences.
- ? Strong communication skills.
- ? Demonstrated ability to meet project requirements on time.
- ? Adequate college degree, work experience, or demonstrated expertise in website development/design. ? Visual design or front-end development skills a plus.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word
Provides expertise in web design, communications, and technology trends for designing, developing, and producing websites/digital materials that explain, clarify, display, and enhance information disseminated by the agency. Note* This position is 100% telework at this time. This may change based on the Agency's needs. This position can be located in either Washington, DC or Kansas City, MO.
- Design and produce a variety of online and electronic products and services to explain, clarify, display, and enhance the information disseminated for various agricultural economic and policy related topics and audiences. These include web pages and features, reports (in html and/or pdf formats), long-form content, charts/galleries, and tables. Produce device-agnostic/responsive (mobile-friendly), Section 508 accessible designs/products. 25%
- Develop and maintain agency web/publishing templates and stylesheets (refining/refactoring as necessary) and contribute to technical/design standards, providing technical advice to developers and content providers. 25%
- Design in and develop for Content Management Systems (CMS)?specifically Umbraco or other open-source CMS. 25%
National Older Worker Career Center
TechnologyView all jobs at National Older Worker Career Center