National Older Worker Career Center Sandersville, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $11 Hourly
Being Age 55 or Older is Good for The Environment! The Agricultural Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program offers unique opportunities in Scientific, Technical, and Agricultural support for individuals age 55 and over to support the Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) through a grant administered program through National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC). This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued. The NRCS provides an opportunity to work side-by-side with NRCS staff that are doing important work every day. Benefits: Paid Health Insurance Premium for positions budgeted at 60+ hours per pay period, Accrued Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Federal Holidays, and optional Vision and Dental Insurance available for positions budgeted at 35+ hours per pay period.
Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in an agriculture-related area OR HS/GED Degree
- Valid State Driver's license
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- MS Outlook, PowerPoint
The enrollee assists the NRCS field office staff in carrying out soil and water conservation programs. The enrollee is responsible for providing technical service required in applying a variety of conservation practices throughout the district(s), working at the direction of the District Conservationist.
- Provide assistance in design and implementation of selected conservation practices per NRCS standards & specifications. Performs surveys, laying out and staking standard conservation practices, and checking that all practices are installed according to design. 30%
- Assists with landowner applications for participation in NRCS Conservation Programs. Assist NRCS FO Staff on monitoring, evaluating, and documenting conservation practice implementation under NRCS Conservation Program agreements with landowners. 30%
- Provides support to the NRCS FO Staff in carrying out field office operations including customer outreach, public informational activities, and assistance on brief technical contacts with clients. 30%
- Follows up on work with landowners by checking progress of conservation practices under construction, resolves minor problems and refers more difficult questions to higher grade technicians. 10%
- Information Technology Security Training
- Health and Safety Considerations: On the job training and civil engineering training during duty
- Required Safety Gear: Hard Hat
NOWCC is committed to promoting equal opportunity and to an environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form administering Experienced Worker Programs under cooperative agreements with federal agencies. It is NOWCC's policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in enrolling participants in the federal programs.
National Older Worker Career Center
TechnologyView all jobs at National Older Worker Career Center