Recruiter / Program Specialist
National Older Worker Career Center Arlington, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Selected as the #1 "Best Nonprofit to Work for" in 2020 by The NonProfit Times, NOWCC promotes an age-diverse workforce through expanding the employment opportunities in government agencies for individuals 55 and over. NOWCC works with government agencies to help them accomplish their mission by providing skilled and experienced workers in professional, administrative, technical and scientific positions.
The Recruiter/Program Specialist reports to the Forest Service's Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program Manager. The non-exempt position is responsible for recruiting applicants for ACES positions, supporting ACES Enrollees and Monitors, assisting the ACES Program staff in the effective and efficient administration of the ACES Program for the Forest Service and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and ensuring the delivery of timely, high quality and cost-effective services to participating Agencies. This includes assisting with developing and executing sourcing and recruiting plans. This position will be 100% remote until we resume normal business operations. Must reside in Washington, DC metropolitan area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit applicants for technical and professional positions in the ACES Programs
- Process ACES positions (such as, assisting monitors and coordinators with developing position descriptions, entering in program management software (EMS), advertising, etc.)
- Process resumes/applications and search applicant tracking system, AcquireTM for candidates
- Track vacancies in EMS and coordinate with monitors to fill positions
- Identify, screen and present qualified candidates to ACES monitors
- Process enrollments
- Prepare and send Enrollment Packets to finalists via DocuSign
- Maintain Position History File and other enrollee records
- Conduct orientation for enrollees and monitors
- Process personnel actions by entering them into ACES EMS as required
- Collect driver license reports
- Set up and maintain electronic Active Applicant Files
- Process separations
- Develop monitor contact database to follow-up on scoping new positions
- Support/track enrollee status updates as well as monitor assignments and changes and communicate with monitors
- Assist Payroll department in obtaining e-timesheet authorizations as needed
- Assist with tracking enrollee hours and funding availability
- Participate/suggest EMS automation for easier tracking of enrollee and monitor statuses as well as recruiting reports in EMS
- Serve as a backup during the ACES Program Manager's absence:
- Manage daily program operations
- Process agreements and amendments
- Respond to customer's requests for assistance
- Foster and develop a strong working relationship with coordinators and monitors
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates as necessary
- Assist in coordination of ACES activities with Field, Accounting and Payroll departments
- Monitor activities supporting the ACES Program, such as: due dates, update funding and contact information in EMS
- Conduct outreach visits to ACES Offices
- Maintain all electronic and physical files (e.g. ensure all files are up to date, all agreements and amendments are scanned and filed)
- Perform other duties as assigned -- the position description is subject to change at any time
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
To fulfill the responsibilities for this job, an individual must be able to competently perform and meet the expectations of each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- In-depth knowledge of online recruiting and sourcing candidates via multiple means, including job boards, professional associations, and social media sites
- Experience in techniques of employee recruitment, management and human resource administration
- Proven success, ability and experience placing individuals in difficult to fill positions
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Demonstrated success as collaborator, problem solver, and with handling multiple priorities effectively
- Proficient with Windows Office Suite to include Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point applications
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Upbeat attitude, superior customer service skills
- Experience with non-profit, for-profit and government sectors desired
- Experience with DocuSign and AcquireTM a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, human resources, business administration, gerontology or public administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three (3) years' Recruiting experience required
- Experience in sourcing talent in nonprofit environment with demonstrated recruitment success for hard-to-fill positions preferred
Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, climb, move, finger keyboards, lift light loads, and the ability to also function in a stationary position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please note this position will be 100% remote until we resume normal business operations. Must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Please complete the online application; a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) must be included in your application to be considered.
NOWCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a work environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form. It is NOWCC's policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment.