National Older Worker Career Center Lovington, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Being Age 55 or Older is Good for The Environment! The Agricultural Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program offers unique opportunities in Scientific, Technical, and Agricultural support for individuals age 55 and over to support the Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) through a grant administered program through National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC). This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued. The NRCS provides an opportunity to work side-by-side with NRCS staff that are doing important work every day. New Mexico locations in Lovington, Tucumcari or Silver City. Benefits: Paid Health Insurance Premium for positions budgeted at 60+ hours per pay period, Accrued Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Federal Holidays, and optional Vision and Dental Insurance available for positions budgeted at 35+ hours per pay period.
Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in Agriculture, natural resources, agronomy OR AA Degree in Agriculture, natural resources, agronomy or related field of study.
- Valid State Driver's License
- Experience required with Windows, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
Provide support to implement Farm Bill programs in New Mexico.
- Performs engineering surveys, laying out and staking standard conservation practices, and checking that all practices are installed according to design. Collects information to develop engineering designs. 40%
- Completes lower approval class designs (under direction of the area engineer) lay out designs in field, monitor installation and certify to District Conservationist or Area Engineer that installation meets NRCS standards & specifications 40%
- Follow up on conservation plans with landowner to encourage and arrange for proper maintenance of established conservation practices and to schedule application of planned practices. 20%
- Overnight travel: 1-3 nights/month