National Older Worker Career Center Heppner, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in in related field
- Must have been certified as a COR/ER in with the Forest Service and has served as
- a Road Manager on a Forest district.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Power Point, ARCVIEW (GIS)
Enrollee will provide mentoring to Umatilla Forest staff on engineering projects and mentorengineering employees on training plans, timber sales, and road maintenance.
- Develop training plans for road managers to include contract administration,road maintenance, road design, transportation planning, travel management,and timber sale preparations. 30%
- Provide assistance with area familiarization, standard processes, andguidance for transportation related questions. 20%
- Timber Sale preparation road maintenance packages: Provides engineering support indeveloping road packages for timber sales. Provides advice, technical support, and evaluationof proposed and ongoing timber sale programs. Makes sure Trainee acquires all experienceand training elements or has them scheduled as part of Training and Experience Plan 50%
- Health and Safety Considerations: Hard hat, boots, gloves will be required as per the JHA, but will be required while outof the vehicle and in the woods working. Safety vest will be required as per the JHA,if in the field during rifle hunting season or on active logging operations.
- Required Safety Gear: Hard hat, boots, gloves
- Safety Gear Use: Safety equipment must be worn when working in the field.