National Older Worker Career Center Jay, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Being Age 55 or Older is Good for The Environment! The Agricultural Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program offers unique opportunities in Scientific, Technical, and Agricultural support for individuals age 55 and over to support the Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) through a grant administered program through National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC). This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued. The NRCS provides an opportunity to work side-by-side with NRCS staff that are doing important work every day. Benefits: Paid Health Insurance Premium for positions budgeted at 60+ hours per pay period, Accrued Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Federal Holidays, and optional Vision and Dental Insurance available for positions budgeted at 35+ hours per pay period.
Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience OR HS/GED Degree
- Experience required with Windows, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
The incumbent of this position will serve as a Conservation Field Technician for CDT A. The incumbent will assist field offices with conservation implantation and practice checkout with particular focus on forestry related projects. Activities include site prep and tree planting recommendations and implantation checkout, prescribe burn planning and checkout, invasive weed control planning and checkout as well as topographic and construction surveys and completion of practice job sheets.
- Follow up on conservation plans with landowners to encourage and arrange for proper maintenance of established conservation practice and to schedule implementation of planned practices. 50%
- Assists with engineering surveys, laying out and staking standard conservation practices and checking that all practices are installed according to design. 50%
- Conservation practice standards training and conservation planning, Conservation Desktop, survey tools.
NOWCC is committed to promoting equal opportunity and to an environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form administering Experienced Worker Programs under cooperative agreements with federal agencies. It is NOWCC's policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in enrolling participants in the federal programs.
National Older Worker Career Center
ScienceView all jobs at National Older Worker Career Center