Note* This position is 100% telework at this time. This may change based on the Agency's needs.
Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in Minimum of 10 years of experience in community relations with historic societies and tribal interactions. OR MA/MS Degree in Historic Preservation law and community relations
- Professional degree and/or certification in negotiations, community relations and/or historic preservation of properties.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point
The incumbent supports special projects and initiatives separate from USDA-ARS operations and research in El Reno, OK, affecting historic preservation and infrastructure. Facilitates and advises on consultations and communications in coordination with local, tribal, and state preservation and historical authorities involving complex projects and plans that impact tribal or other historic land and properties located within the Agricultural Research Service complex in El Reno, Oklahoma. Remains current with the progress of specific projects to keep concerned entities reliably informed on a broad range of regulatory compliance issues.Note* This position is 100% telework at this time. This may change based on the Agency's needs.
- Provides support to ARS management by establishing and/or strengthening relationships with local, tribal and state authorities through effective and meaningful communications. Arranges formeetings with local, tribal and state leaders and councils as requested. 30%
- Makes recommendations for projects and initiatives within the El Reno complex based onknowledge of the location concerns and local, tribal and state concerns and how they relate to resources. Ensures advance notice and consultations. 30%
- Maintains awareness of laws, regulations, policy, and guidance that pertain to the Oklahoma StateHistoric Preservation Office (SHPO) and the Tribal Historic Preservation Office (THPO) in order to provide reliable guidance to ARS management on El Reno concerns. 20%
- Maintains expertise with National or State Acts related to land and historic preservation. Familiar with the nature of underserved communities and the impact of Government projects or policies on those. 20%
- As needed
- Overnight travel: 1-2 days per month
- Air travel anticipated: 1-2 days per month
- Rental cars: 1-2 days per month
National Older Worker Career Center