Please apply with a resume and cover letter here: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1109441&d=Internships&r=5000526446206#/
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of those with MS and stopping the disease in its tracks. We are more than an organization. We are a movement, united in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
The Development Intern will be working closely with staff in the Northern California market to implement a new, exciting Endurance fundraising event. Projects will include sponsor and participant acquisition, database entry and management, volunteer recruitment and management, and other office tasks to help the event planning and execution process run smoothly. Expect to gain competency in relationship building and management, event coordination, and data programs like Luminate and our internal Data Warehouse. The ideal intern will be organized, reliable, comfortable working on multiple projects at once, interested in nonprofit administration and event planning, a fast learner, and will have a great attitude. This is an unpaid position, but we will work with educational programs to allow students to achieve class credit, and there is a possibility that this will lead to a full-time opportunity down the road.
- Day to Day: Intern will work closely with the local Endurance Events manager in order to plan and execute a new event in the Northern California market. This will include working with databases, making calls, writing emails and other communications, attending meetings with participants, sponsors, and coworkers; and other office tasks.
- Specific Responsibilities: The Intern will be responsible for specific projects assigned by the supervisor, including executing recruitment goals, fundraising goals, completing communications and marketing objectives, and contributing creatively to the event's execution.
- Learning Objectives: By the end of this internship, the student will have gained familiarity with the internal workings of a large nonprofit organization. They will be competent in relationship building with participants and sponsors, the planning process of a large fundraising event, and managing and relating to volunteers, along with other learning experiences centered around event management.
- Competency with Microsoft Office computer software and ability to learn other basic computer programs and databases
- Comfortable with public speaking and people-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, ability to work independently
- Strong writing and editing ability and attention to detail required
- Prefer students with a background in or familiarity with nonprofit fundraising or event planning
- Must have a current driver's license and dependable transportation
- May be required to attend events or meetings outside of normal business hours, including occasional evening or weekend work