- Posted: over a month ago
NMA is a payment processing company that advocates for merchants to reduce and eliminate the unreasonable fees associated with accepting credit card payments. Since 2004, NMA has been delivering custom-tailored payment processing solutions and best-in-class customer service for businesses across multiple industries.
At NMA, we believe in growth beyond boundaries! We are committed to supporting and developing our team members. As a member of Team NMA, you'll feel good about coming to work. Our team is not only resilient, but we love what we do! We champion integrity, demand excellence, thrive on innovation, and constantly advocate for our clients. As we grow and build, we are seeking individuals who embody these values while positively contributing to our dynamic team, clients, and investors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to be involved in and assist in the daily, monthly, and annual accounting functions for our Privately Held Fintech portfolio of companies. Our ideal candidate is a problem solver and stellar at multitasking.
- Post daily cash receipts.
- Review A/P coding and descriptions.
- Monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Quarterly reporting.
- Review projects and compare to projections.
- Manage routine general ledger accounting and recurring journal entries (insurance, taxes, reserves, payroll, fixed assets, and revenue).
- Integrate portfolio companies into the accounting workflow.
- Assist in budgeting.
- Assist in monthly & Y/E financial reporting.
- Organized and detail oriented with an ability to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills: cash, reserves, and receivables.
- Portfolio company experience is a plus.
- Treasury experience is a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, CPA designation or significant progress towards CPA preferred.
- 2+ years accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel-based financial modeling and analysis.
- Proficient in QuickBooks (QBO) and Bill.com.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
*****Remote work is not available for this position*****
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of NMA to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation.
National Merchants Association
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at National Merchants Association