- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) oversees the quality and technical service of products and services provided by mill suppliers and outside processors. The SQE manages distressed material, hold reports and provides analysis to lead rigorous problem-solving action plans to support production and improve overall quality and customer delivery. The SQE also supports the QA department with product disposition & qualification, claims, data analysis, reporting, and quality system management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is primary contact for mill suppliers and outside processers regarding quality and technical service.
- File and process all claims necessary to resolve distressed inventory with suppliers and processors.
- Works hands-on performing Quality Assurance duties including: In-coming inspection, processing inspection, process review and disposition of daily quality concerns.
- Work with operators and inspectors to normalize and standardize defect identification and disposition.
- Categorize and track internal rejections and claims, summarizing and reporting results as required.
- Implement and coordinate internal and customer corrective actions based on product inspection and quality.
- Engage with customers and employees as necessary to support quality programs and/or issues and drive awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Collect and analyze data regarding internal rejections and external rejections while reporting results at management review meetings.
- Initiate, lead, and maintain defect prevention and corrective action programs based upon structured problem-solving efforts to improve quality performance utilizing 5-why, 8D, and various statistical tools.
- Develop inspection and defect training programs to ensure quality requirements and procedures are met.
Year One Critical Success Factors:
- Develops productive relationships with industry contacts regarding quality and claim processing
- Effectively manages distressed inventory and dispositions
- Contributes expertise on cross-functional teams for problem solving and quality system management
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of the industry including Automotive, Appliance and Agricultural applications
- Strong data analysis and root cause analysis leading to measured improvements
- Possess knowledge of all products specifications and usage
- Maintain compliance and swiftly responds to non-compliance and deviation issues
- Investigate complaints and initiate corrective action plans
- Develop or revise policies and procedures to improved efficiency and quality
- Possess knowledge of internal audits of products prior to shipment
Education and Experience:
- Material Science and Engineering degree preferred, minimum 5 years of manufacturing industry or steel experience
- Surface inspection and disposition experience
- Experience working directly with customers and service required
- Strong data analysis experience in Excel, Minitab or QI
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong data analysis skills, data summary reporting, and root-cause problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-past, deadline-oriented environment with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
Physical Demands/Work Requirements:
The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
National Material Company
AddressEast Chicago, IN
ManufacturingView all jobs at National Material Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?