Reports To: Director of Consumer Litigation
Approved By: Human Resources
Approved Date: November 1, 2017
As the leader of an individual litigation team, the Associate Attorney oversees litigation strategies for a high volume consumer debt docket. Option to work remotely from Michigan for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform and oversee all settlement negotiations
· Review and respond to all court pleadings
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients
· Maintain a high volume docket
· Build relationships with opposing counsel and support staff
· Identify both short- and long-term team goals
· Supervise collection of necessary client documents
· Analyze settlement percentage trends and modify accordingly
· Address post settlement issues
· Identify unfair debt collecting practices and file claims in response thereto
· Perform other duties as required and assigned
· Preferably 2+ years of litigation experience
· Juris Doctor with significant communication and management skills
· Superior analytic skills
· Computer Proficiency
· Must pass criminal background check
Indirectly supervises legal support staff including legal assistant, litigation paralegal and post-settlement resolution coordinator.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to type or handle paperwork. May be required to sit for long periods of time and/or walk between office locations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
There is some flexibility when selecting a start time, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of the selected schedule and is expected to work a 40 hour week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.