Visitor Services and Retail Associate
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, Inc. Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Visitor Services and Retail Associate
Reports to: Visitor Services Assistant Manager
Direct Reports: None
The Visitor Services and Retail Department oversees the Museum’s Visitor Services desk and all customer service-related inquiries and retail operations for the organization. The Visitor Services desk is the visitor’s entrance to the museum and our associates are responsible for delivering high quality support to ensure all visitors have a memorable experience. Our associates are cross trained to provide support in multiple areas including the Visitor Services desk, the Museum Store, and throughout the National Law Enforcement Museum experience.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Visitor Services Assistant Manager and Retail Operations Manager
- Operate a point-of-sale (POS) system with cash register and process various transactions
- Sells admission tickets, memberships, retail apparel, and fulfills will call tickets; upgrades sales whenever possible and ask point-of-sale survey questions when necessary.
- Performs all daily opening, operating, and closing procedures within established guidelines.
- Responds calmly and professionally to guest concerns and complaints
- Secures register throughout shift.
- Fulfill online/kiosk gift shop sales.
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in all areas
- Ensure payment kiosks and vending machines are always in working order.
- Ensures the café vending and sitting area are always presentable and properly cleaned.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed.
- Minimum high school diploma. College degree preferred.
- Experience with cash management procedures and proficiency with POS software required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a part-time position.
- Weekends and some nights required.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Position requires frequent, sustained periods of sitting and standing.
- Position requires an increased workload immediately before, during and after National Police Week (traditionally the second week of May) and during the holidays (Nov. - Dec.).
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, Inc.
GovernmentView all jobs at National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, Inc.