Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT ================
National Labor Relations Board
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/11/2019 to 07/18/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$47,016 to $61,122 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Finance Branch. The purpose of this position is to serve as a staff accountant providing analysis and advice regarding accounting programs, financial systems as well as the effects of newly promulgated laws or the requirements or statements of central oversight agencies such as the Treasury Department, OMB or the GAO.
Learn more about this agency
The selectee of this position is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Maintains liaison with Financial Operations staff to have transactions posted in the appropriate system - be it the agency financial system or Treasury - to resolve differences in general ledger balances, such as Fund Balance with Treasury. - Examines, prepares, and analyzes data for records and reports; and, for advising or assisting other sections and management on accounting and financial matters. - Provides accounting assistance to the Financial Reporting Branch staff by creating and/or entering journal vouchers when required in accordance with established procedures. - Utilizes various financial reporting systems to gather financial information. - Ensures that all information in the financial system is reasonably accurate for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and for reporting to the external auditors and the Inspector General.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
#### Similar jobs
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- A one-year probationary period may be required. - Selectee must pass a background investigation prior to appointment. - Relocation expenses are not authorized. - Males born after 12/03/59 must be registered for Selective Service. - This is a non bargaining unit position.
This position is open to Internal Merit Promotion eligibles (also known as "status candidates"). To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service which includes assisting performing accounting work, including the maintenance of accounting records, preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements; reviewing accounting data for accuracy to ensure the integrity of the accounting system; monitoring financial logs to identify errors or trends and performing reconciliations. Knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles, and practices of accounting, as required. Knowledge and skills to serve as a staff accountant tracking appropriations, obligations, expenditures/expenses, collections and interest earned from backpay cases and disbursements to discriminatees.
Using Education to Qualify: Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. (Note: If you are selected for this position based on education, an official transcript will be required, prior to your first day.) You must meet all qualification requirements. (Required - if applicable) All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in accredited U.S. education programs; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
### Additional information
**SUPPLEMENTARY VACANCIES:** Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:** The National Labor Relations Board is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, handicap, age, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Agency's Selective Placement Coordinator by email email@example.com. NLRB offers a wide array of reasonable accommodations and programs for individuals with disabilities. (Note: for additional information for job seekers with disabilities, please click on the following website, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/hiring/.
**PLACEMENT POLICY**: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
**WORK SCHEDULE:** NLRB supports the use of flexible work schedules as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that your scores do not reflect that you meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position, you will lose consideration for this position.
You will be further evaluated on the following Competencies required for the position:
- Economics and Accounting - Information Management - Problem Solving - Technical Competence
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
In addition to your responses to the assessment, you must submit the following additional documents specific for this vacancy:
- **Resume** that describes your job-related experiences will be used to verify your qualifications. Therefore, it is important that the information be relevant and detailed where appropriate, and complete. Your resume **must** contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position. - **Most recent Annual Performance Appraisal**. If performance appraisal is not dated within the last year or if you are unable to provide a performance appraisal, an explanation why must be provided). - **Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50).** Submit a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action that demonstrates your eligibility for consideration, e.g., length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, with-in grade/range increases); your current promotion potential; proof of permanent appointment if applying based on an interchange agreement; etc. - **For applicants qualifying on the basis of education: transcripts - official or unofficial.** A transcript is required if you are claiming to qualify based on your education. The information presented in the transcript must be verifiable; at the minimum the transcript should contain the name of the institution, applicant's name, list of completed courses, semester hours, and GPA. If selected for this position, you must submit your official copy before confirmation of appointment.
All materials must be received by the closing date of this announcement 07/18/2019 to be considered. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes 1) Your responses to the Assessment, 2) Your resume and 3) Any other documents needed to verify your qualifications or eligibility (see the required documents section).
Please follow the instructions listed below for submitting your complete application package. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all instructions before you begin.
To begin the process, click the **APPLY ONLINE** button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **SUBMIT MY ANSWERS** button at the end of the process.
If you have never applied through USA Jobs for a position with the Federal Civil Service, you will need to create a USA Jobs account. To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. New or updated resumes are considered "incomplete" applications until the required virus scan is cleared. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account USA Jobs Account Login, select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
### Agency contact information
### Janet Tucker
FINANCE BRANCH 1015 Half St SE Washington, DC 20570-0022 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
For Merit Promotion Applicants - If you meet the qualification requirements listed above, your application will be rated based on your online questionnaire and supporting documents. After a review of your resume, required documents and occupational questionnaire is complete, you will be notified of your application status. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted. Applicants will receive notification when a final selection has been made.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539216200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
National Labor Relations Board
Get fresh STAFF ACCOUNTANT jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Temporary Staff Accountant