Fueled by passion and urgency, National Kidney Foundation is a lifeline for all people affected by kidney disease. As pioneers of scientific research and innovation, NKF focuses on the whole patient through the lens of kidney health. Relentless in our work, we enhance lives through action, education, and accelerating change.
The Development Director is accountable for planning and implementing fundraising strategies and tactics to achieve income necessary to attain market and regional goals. Primary duties will include managing Development staff, providing strategy and implementation of fundraising activities for NKF Signature events and cultivating new and existing relationships with constituents.The Director will be responsible for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a portfolio of both existing and new corporate supporters, individual donors, and community partners. This individual will be responsible for growing engagement and revenue across each fundraising channel, while leading the development team to their budgetary goal. The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the development team, driving a donor centric culture, building relationships and implementing best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Develop and execute the regions operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics.
- Execute fundraising strategies to raise budgeted goal from corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Partner with Executive Director and Regional Vice President growing relationships for major gifts and board / volunteer recruitment.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of donors to secure sponsorship, individual and corporate donations, event sponsors / teams, grants, and other partnerships.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software (e.g., data input, record updating, gift processing, report production).
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants ensuring a high-touch stewardship plan for donors and partners.
- Manages grant solicitation from corporations and foundations in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Manages and executes NKF Signature Events to include Golf, Gala and Kidney Walk as well as future events in this market.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Maintains relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles corrective action of employees in accordance with policy.
- Identifies new sources of revenue and cause related marketing opportunities.
- Implements marketing and communication plans to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation.
- Participates in board and staff meetings as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum five years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with board members.
- Experience working with a national or regional walkathon and golf program required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Word applications and donor management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer and database proficiency required.
WORKING CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT USED AND SPECIAL INFORMATION
Must have unimpeachable integrity and trustworthiness and possess a high degree of tact, discretion, and professionalism. Verbal and written communication skills will be used daily. Maintains effectiveness under pressure. Uses a multiple line telephone, personal computer, fax machine, photocopier, and other standard office equipment. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Must have a valid driver’s license and own insured vehicle or daily access to a vehicle. Flexible for overnight business travel. Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At the National Kidney Foundation diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to kidney health and kidney disease prevention. It is the policy of NKF to provide equality of employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, qualified handicap or disability, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender, political affiliation or veteran status, or any other factor or reason prohibited by relevant local, state, and federal fair employment laws.
The Equal Employment Opportunity policy will apply to all employment practices of NKF including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, layoffs, transfers, and discipline. Implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity policy is the shared responsibility of the management of NKF.
National Kidney FoundationSaint Paul, MN
Non ProfitView All National Kidney Foundation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.