The Department of Medicine at National Jewish Health is seeking applicants for the Chief of Rheumatology. The Division currently has 7 Rheumatologists on faculty, and a dedicated Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner.
The division currently has unique expertise in the overlap of rheumatology and the lung, and works closely with world-class pulmonologists to evaluate and manage connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary disorders including fibrotic lung disease, vasculitis, and non-tuberculous mycobacterium disease across the spectrum of rheumatic disease. Importantly, the Department is looking for a leader with the vision to expand its rheumatology services by building multiple distinct service lines.
Reasons to Lead the Division of Rheumatology at National Jewish Health:
- The Division interacts closely with Pulmonary, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, and Neurology in its patient care and research missions.
- National Jewish Health is home to an outstanding Department of Radiology and Department of Biomedical Research including Immunologists and Computational Biologists whose basic and translational science research programs contribute to the division's success.
- The division has in-house infusion centers, physical therapy, musculoskeletal ultrasound, a bone health clinic and a clinical research unit for investigator initiated and industry sponsored trials.
- Proven leadership, mentoring and administrative abilities.
- The successful candidate will be recognized as an outstanding clinician.
- A desire and commitment to lead a Division into national prominence through organic growth, building interdisciplinary programs and clinical research.
- BC in Internal Medicine
- BC in Rheumatology
- Eligible to hold a Colorado license
National Jewish Health is the leading hospital for respiratory diseases in the U.S., nationally known for its clinical and research expertise in immunology and pulmonary medicine. National Jewish Health, experts in immunology, imaging, and various ancillary services support the Division. Located in the city of Denver, Colorado, with a population of over 2,500,000 in the greater metroplex area, the region is vibrant and culturally diverse, home to the state capital, great sports teams, and easy access to outdoor and mountain sports year-round.