- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Special Agent functions as the investigative arm of the NICB, working in cooperation with member insurance companies, law enforcement and other associated agencies to combat insurance related crime. Responsible for initiating and conducting investigations which result in the dismantlement of organized groups/rings, arrests of those involved, loss mitigations, restitution and reduction of insurance fraud.
This position is primarily responsible for San Diego County, and will be responsible for property/casualty, workers’ compensation, and medical investigations from a multi-claim, multi-carrier approach.
- Conducts timely and thorough, multi-claim, multi-carrier criminal investigations.
- Collects, analyzes, and calculates relevant data for use in investigations.
- Works with the Field Information Analyst.
- Reports relevant investigative information to Supervisory Special Agent.
- Properly documents all phases of investigative activity.
- Prepares summary investigative presentations for submission to law enforcement/prosecutor.
- Represents NICB in criminal court as requested, often testifying as an expert witness.
- Serves as liaison with member insurance companies, law enforcement and government agencies to promote and provide the full range of NICB services.
- Provides comprehensive training to member insurance companies and Law Enforcement on related insurance crime matters.
- Functions as a “technical” expert in fraud investigations and identifying insurance fraud schemes/claim file review.
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations.
- Works well with others in a Task Force environment / a team player.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with member insurance companies, law enforcement, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Identifies potential new member customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recognized functional expert.
- Above average performance sustained over time.
- Ability to interface successfully with a variety of people.
- Ability to continually exercise discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Capacity to travel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organization skills.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Operate and maintain NICB issued equipment, including the ability to drive a company vehicle.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure:
- Relevant college degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 3 - 5 years of related investigative experience
- Insurance industry or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Good computer skills - Working knowledge of selected Microsoft Office applications.
This position has no direct reports.
- All levels of NICB employees
- Law Enforcement and Prosecutors at all levels
- Insurance personnel
- Works in an unstructured environment
- Covers a wide geographical area and maintains a high caseload.
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week (“on call” status).
- Squatting, climbing, stooping
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Travel required
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to drive a company vehicle.
National Insurance Crime Bureau
AddressSan Diego, CA
LegalView all jobs at National Insurance Crime Bureau