Respiratory Therapist, Hospital #200578
National Health Care Solutions, LLC Raleigh, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
Nationalhcs is seeking candidates for hospital Respiratory Therapist positions in Raleigh and Cary, NC.
A respiratory therapist (RT) is a healthcare worker who treats people with breathing or cardiopulmonary problems. Among their patients are premature infants whose lungs are underdeveloped and children and adults who have lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis, asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and COVID related illnesses.
- 13-week renewable assignments
- Flexible to float to similar units
- Some weekends may be required
- Cardiac Unit, Neuro Care Unit, Cardiac ICU, Neuro ICU (floating to STICU and CTICU), Intermediate Care Unit, General ICU
- Some positions may be working with COVID patients
- Must have adult RT experience
- All shifts available
Description of Work
- Treat a wide range of patients from infants through the elderly
- Consult with physicians and other healthcare staff to help develop and modify individual patient care plans
- Provide complex therapy requiring a great deal of independent judgment, such as caring for patients who are on life support in hospital intensive care units.
- Evaluate patients by performing limited physical examinations and conducting diagnostic tests including those that measure lung capacity tests and acidity and alkalinity of the blood
- Treat patients by using oxygen or oxygen mixtures, chest physiotherapy, and aerosol medications.
- Connect patients who cannot breathe on their own to ventilators that deliver pressurized oxygen into the lungs
- Teach patients how to use medications and equipment
- Perform regular checks on patients and equipment
- Ability to shift rapidly between tasks and duties
- Adhere to HIPPA requirements for patient’s confidentiality
- Other duties as required
- Associate degree from an accredited respiratory therapy education program
- Active/Clear Respiratory Therapist license for NC
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a clinic setting
- Active/Clear BLS (American Heart Association)
- Experience working with electronic medical records, email, and computer literate
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screening, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other Nationalhcs screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other client/facility screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits: 401-K, Vacation, Healthcare, Dental
- Referral Program
- Ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist for additional benefits and further details (www.nationalhcs.com)
National Health Care Solutions, LLCWhy Work Here?
Our philosophy is that understanding and respecting the unique needs of both clients and HCPs is the key to successful partnerships.
National Health Care Solutions LLC (Nationalhcs) is an RN owned, Raleigh NC based, TJC accredited healthcare staffing company providing per diem, contract, and temp-to-hire HCPs to facilities throughout the US. Since 2004 (founded 2010; 2018 merged with Professional Nursing Solutions LLC, founded 2004) Nationalhcs continues to provide the highest quality Physicians, Advanced Practice, Nursing, and Allied Health professionals to our clients and their patients. Ever-growing, our clientele includes hospitals, clinics, mental health, nursing homes, home care, rehabilitation, surgery centers, and corrections. Our mission is to offer reliable HCPs dedicated to quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence and patient safety. We have honed our skills to provide Reliable, Committed, and Compassionate healthcare professionals to our clients for their patients’ safety.