Registered Nurse (RN) positions are available at a psychiatric hospital in Pineville, LA.
Apply now for the best shifts.
The hospital's primary focus is to provide intermediate inpatient psychiatric care to Louisiana adult residents in need of service. The hospital is licensed for 120 beds (60 males and 60 females).
- 13-week assignments
- Most assignments are renewable
- HCP must complete 4 days of onsite Orientation
Description of Work
- Conduct intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history
- Plan and provide nursing care for patients
- Make nursing diagnoses of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options
- Consult with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients
- Administer and note reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications. Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assist the patient in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment
- Assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients
- Test for vital signs of pain and ensures treatments of pain
- Document all patient information on medical charts and follow physicians' written orders
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping
- Perform administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing progress notes in the computer system
- Active/Clear licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN)
- Minimum 3-years professional nursing experience
- Minimum 1-year experience must have been in a hospital, clinic, or 24-hour psychiatric facility setting
- Direct care experience within the previous year
- Active/Clear BLS (American Heart Association)
- Ability to follow care plans and/or clinical orders
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other Client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits: 401-K, Vacation, Healthcare, Dental
- Referral Program
- Ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist for additional benefits and further details (www.nationalhcs.com)