Nationalhcs has positions available for TeleHealth Psychiatrists for a correctional facility in Raleigh, NC. This position will provide appropriate advanced individual and/or group psychotherapy for referred inmates diagnosed with mental illness. This position can work from anywhere as long as you are licensed in North Carolina.
- 40 hours per week
- Monday thru Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Training on facility software will be provided
- Work from home
Description of Work
The position of Forensic Psychiatrist may provide ongoing educational/therapeutic groups for such areas as anger control, assertiveness, and problem-solving. For those inmates referred for mental health services, an initial assessment to include problem, any history of substance abuse, diagnosis, and development of the treatment plan. A formal treatment plan will be developed on each inmate receiving mental health services and clinical services will require significant documentation of activities in medical records.
This position will be responsible for providing on-site, direct patient care in an evaluation room and/or door-to-door therapy sessions. Additionally, the position will be responsible for mental health consultations regarding inmates with correctional staff. The psychiatrist will serve as a resource for other staff providing services to inmates. Finally, the positions will be responsible for conducting staff training of appropriate correctional staff on various relevant mental health topics with regard to the inmate population, management of the mentally ill and developmentally disabled, management of suicide precautions, and other topics as appropriate.
The patient population is primarily adults with a variety of mental and/or physical health problems including:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Mental illness
- Adjustment to physical illness
- Neurological disorders
- Addictive behavior
- Challenging behavior
- Eating disorders
- Personal and family relationship problems
- Learning disabilities
- Doctor of Medicine degree, residency in psychiatry
- Active/Clear medical license valid in North Carolina
- Active/Clear certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Active/Clear DEA
- Active/Clear BLS (American Heart Association)
- Active/Clear ACLS (American Heart Association)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) board certification is preferred
- Must be willing to travel to various locations on an as-needed basis; all travel, transportation, and lodging expenses will be company paid
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other Client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits: 401-K, Vacation, Healthcare, Dental
- Referral Program
- Ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist for additional benefits and further details (www.nationalhcs.com)
National Health Care Solutions, LLC
Why Work Here?National Health Care Solutions LLC (Nationalhcs) is an RN owned, Raleigh NC based, TJC accredited healthcare staffing company providing per diem, contract, and temp-to-hire HCPs to facilities throughout the US. Since 2004 (founded 2010; 2018 merged with Professional Nursing Solutions LLC, founded 2004) Nationalhcs continues to provide the highest quality Physicians, Advanced Practice, Nursing, and Allied Health professionals to our clients and their patients. Ever-growing, our clientele includes hospitals, clinics, mental health, nursing homes, home care, rehabilitation, surgery centers, and corrections. Our mission is to offer reliable HCPs dedicated to quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence and patient safety. We have honed our skills to provide Reliable, Committed, and Compassionate healthcare professionals to our clients for their patients’ safety.
Our philosophy is that understanding and respecting the unique needs of both clients and HCPs is the key to successful partnerships.