Nationalhcs is seeking to fill positions for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to provide general medical care and treatment to inmates at TWO (2) correctional facilities.
- Will cover two facilities approximately 40 miles from each other
- Facility: Bayboro, NC (550 capacity, male, medium custody)
- Facility: Newport, NC (300 capacity, male, minium custody)
- 40 hours per week
- 3-month renewable assignment
The NP/PA will practice safe and ethical nursing care within the scope of his/her profession as defined by the State Nursing Practice Act, understanding his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. The Healthcare Professional's functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of the physician.
- Record physical findings and formulate plans and prognosis based on the patient's condition.
- Discuss with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to a supervising physician, and maintain a record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Submit the healthcare plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by a physician.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Degree (APRN) or Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant training program
- One-year clinical experience
- Unrestricted license to practice within NC
- Current DEA registration number, without restriction, per state/federal law, if applicable
- Current AHA/BLS certification
- PALS, NRP, and/or ACLS may be required
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other Client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits: 401-K, Vacation, Healthcare, Dental
- Referral Program
- Ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist for additional benefits and further details (www.nationalhcs.com)
National Health Care Solutions, LLC
Why Work Here?National Health Care Solutions LLC (Nationalhcs) is an RN owned, Raleigh NC based, TJC accredited healthcare staffing company providing per diem, contract, and temp-to-hire HCPs to facilities throughout the US. Since 2004 (founded 2010; 2018 merged with Professional Nursing Solutions LLC, founded 2004) Nationalhcs continues to provide the highest quality Physicians, Advanced Practice, Nursing, and Allied Health professionals to our clients and their patients. Ever-growing, our clientele includes hospitals, clinics, mental health, nursing homes, home care, rehabilitation, surgery centers, and corrections. Our mission is to offer reliable HCPs dedicated to quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence and patient safety. We have honed our skills to provide Reliable, Committed, and Compassionate healthcare professionals to our clients for their patients’ safety.
Our philosophy is that understanding and respecting the unique needs of both clients and HCPs is the key to successful partnerships.