Apply NOW for upcoming Registered Nurse (RN) positions at an adult corrections facility in Spruce Pine, NC. Contact our Talent Acquisition Specialists for further details. (877.797.6427)
- 18-week renewable assignments
- 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- Weekend work available
- Must attend HERO training
Description of Work
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of patients
- Attend sick call with the physician to see patients
- Prepare a list of patients to be examined
- Prepare examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new patients with illnesses or injuries or patients who become ill or injured
- Refer patients to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facilities as required by their condition
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders
- Provide guidance, supervise, and monitor nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff
- Verify any medication that patients have with them upon entering the facility, assessing its validity and necessity (i.e., contacting a prescribing healthcare provider and/or pharmacist). Address and resolve issues with prescribed medications.
- Manage clinics for primary care and psychiatric care, when applicable to include scheduling clinic times, provider order transcription, medication order processing, managing clinic flow, creating a schedule for appointments, and communicating with facility staff.
- Process medication inventory and deliveries from contractual pharmacy vendor to include reconciliation with provider orders and inventory delivered specifically to each juvenile prescribed medication.
- Prepare and administer medication as prescribed by a practitioner who is licensed in NC to administer or prescribed drugs in the course of his/her professional practice and monitor/audit UAP who are trained to administer medication.
- Administer and/or delegate administration of non-prescribed medications per provider orders.
- Be available for telephone consultation and emergency consultation at other times as determined by the nurse supervisor, facility director, or Health Services Manager.
- Keep required records related to the health of the patients, documenting all services, treatments, and mediations rendered or coordinated.
- Provide counseling for medical illnesses, treatments, preventive care, hygiene, HIV, and STDs for patients.
- RNs shall be required to record time of arrival, departure, and lunches in their designated area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active/Clear Licensure by the NC State Board of Nursing
- Minimum 1-year experience
- Clinical/corrections experience preferred
- Competence in assessment skills, managing clinic flow, reviewing and teaching about medications, assessing and responding to emergencies or emergent health issues both on-site and as phone triage
- Direct care experience within the previous year
- Active/Clear BLS (American Heart Association)
- Current TB and Hepatitis declaration
- Experience working with electronic medical records, email, and computer literate
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits: 401-K, Vacation, Healthcare, Dental
- Referral Program
- Ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist for additional benefits and further details (www.nationalhcs.com)