Syracuse, NY, US, 13202
National Grid's Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of the Complex Electric Capital Projects to ensure they are developed in a least cost, fit for purpose manner to improve long term project robustness, requirements, costs and timescales. Ensure the optimization of design and development, considering the alignment of resources (people, materials, access, permissions) with clear cost and time ranges at the front end of project and program lifecycles. Engage key stakeholders to ensure adherence to the Network Development Process, highest standards of health, safety, environmental, security and quality.
- Ensure Electric projects adhere to the Network Development Process for the timely creation and approval of the Project Execution Plan which includes preliminary engineering, baseline schedule, detailed cost estimate, risk profile and resource strategy.
- Assemble cross-functional project team to establish development and design requirements, milestones and affordability ceilings while driving adherence of the frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and reporting necessary to drive an efficient and effective approach to project development.
- Work closely with SHE to identify and respond appropriately to any potential hazards, incidents or circumstances that impact the safety, well-being and working environment of any complex construction projects.
- Facilitate and encourage the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to improve the delivery of Electric capital projects safely, on time, and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Review project reports and performance metrics to monitor progress according to plan, guide the resolution of any major issues and provide timely updates
- Perform project management functions to ensure the successful completion of large-scale capital construction projects.
- Develop and gain approval of project scope, cost estimate and schedule and also control project scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters/risk
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety and National Grid standards and policies and acquire required permits, licenses and land rights
- Ensure contracted services, equipment and material procurement and administration are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Provide project status reports to team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively.
- Bachelor or Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Graduated between M