The Training Coordinator provides support to the training department and business. This position will mainly be responsible for organizing and coordinating training schedules, materials and additional logistics required for a successful training experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Compile and revise training content and procedures as needed on our intranet
- Coordinate logistics for training initiatives including but not limited to organizing and preparing materials and supplies for training courses such as notebooks, handouts, flip-charts, projectors, laptops, or other resources
- Update training procedures and processes
- Compile reports on training programs and maintains training records
- Assess training effectiveness by using post-test measures and surveys, examine various records and reports, and recommend modifications to training as appropriate
- Assist in developing methods for the assessment and evaluation of training effectiveness
- Coordinate training presentations and provide technical assistance to other agencies and provider organizations
- May be asked to deliver training in a classroom, distance learning, or e-learning environment
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years of experience in an office environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excel in oral and written communication, instructing others, strategic thinking, and follow through
- Ability to assess effectiveness of training, to assess training needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 1+ years of experience in the insurance or adult education field or in a related area
- Knowledge of training procedures and techniques; of education principles, practices, and techniques; of learning management and learning content management systems, and of group processes, group dynamics, and interpersonal relations
- Rich text editing experience
- Project Management experience
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.