Prospect, qualify, appoint and manage agencies in a defined territory to produce profitable sales and growth. Meet and exceed territory volume and profit objectives for all National General assigned products, while maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and appointed agents. Territory includes the northern half of the state. Candidate must live in that area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Achieve agreed upon new business production, direct written premium, loss ratio goals, and other KPIs on an annual basis by effectively managing the agents of an assigned territory
- Solicit new agencies, evaluate their potential to write quality new business, and recommend qualified new agencies for appointment to the Regional Sales Managers and/or Sales Vice Presidents
- Recommend agencies to participate in profit-sharing, rewards, and special incentives programs, and other agency sales initiatives
- Increase the percentage of producing agents within the territory through additional training and process improvements
- Terminate agents for lack of production, unprofitable results, or other cause
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Work related experience in B2B sales and marketing
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRM system, and other sales analytic reports
- Must be coachable and possess a willingness and ability to learn the consultative sales process, sales closing techniques, and the process of gaining commitments
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- P&C license
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
National General Insurance