National General Insurance Overland Park, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement? Do you thrive in a performance driven culture where your results are directly rewarded? National General Benefits Solutions, a member of the Allstate family of companies, is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and world class sales team.
What makes National General Benefits Solutions unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers.
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, and results-focused culture.
- Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing.
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential.
- Fast-past sales environment where you are part of a team!
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
- Sales contests and a Yearly National Top Performers Conference (Past locations included: Atlantis, Maui, San Diego, Aspen and Scottsdale).
We are searching for…
An enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking Sales Representative to join our growing team in the Leawood, KS office. Depending on the market our first year sales reps can exceed $100,000 with a solid base salary, full benefits and uncapped commissions. You can significantly exceed $100,000 in subsequent years with top performers earning $200,000 or more. We are a sales team that offers new and innovative products and solutions to our small business customers. If this sounds like a fit for you, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Accountable for making sales calls to targeted life and health agents.
- Actively utilize our proprietary CRM sales tracking system to validate and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents.
- Prospect and generate Small Group new business proposals.
- Evaluate agent performance and continually build your agent list.
- Identify potential agents from referrals, references or industry listings.
- Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to obtain new business and retain existing business.
- Provide guidance and support to agents regarding claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company decisions impacting an agent’s clients.
- Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings, network changes, rate changes and plan designs.
- Work with District Manager to resolve unusually difficult issues such as specific rate increases to identify optimal recommendations. Research of competitive rates or clarification of client requirements will be required.
- Incumbent will be required to obtain a Life/A&H license in state of residence and any other state that the incumbent conducts business. Licensing should be completed within 60-days of receiving approval from the resident state (may take more than 60-days in some states where the processing time is longer).
What you must have…
Motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a must! A willingness to be coached and mentored is necessary for growth. We offer in-depth training and coaching that will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful. Training covers the overall Accident and Health insurance industry, National General Benefits Solutions Products and Systems, and proven sales techniques to empower you. Don’t have your Accident and Health Insurance License? Not a problem…part of your training includes getting you licensed!
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
- 2+ years of sales related experience.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Ability to keep confidential information secured.
- Health insurance industry business experience.
- Variety of computer software knowledge related to job.
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers.
Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture
Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing
Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team!
Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis in 2018)
National General InsuranceWhy Work Here?
Full Benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Matched 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, 18 Days of PTO; 11 Paid Company Holidays
What makes National General Insurance unique? Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers. Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team! Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us! Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis in 2018)
AddressOverland Park, KS
BusinessView all jobs at National General Insurance