Sales Instructional Designer
National General Insurance Cleveland, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for researching, developing and designing creative, effective training programs to meet specific needs identified through the needs assessment process. Coordinate and plan overall curriculum development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Responsible for Learning Management System (LMS) set up and activities as the account Administrator
- Develop and deploy eLearning content
- Develop new hire onboarding program as well as methods for learning and delivery
- Develop materials and processes for new employees of acquisitions
- Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs for employees and managers
- Assist with deployment of compliance training programs
- Identify training needs and training gaps in the organization in cooperation with the Sales Business Partners
- Create training manuals, toolkits, job aids, and instructional materials
- Provide guidance for the instructional design and course development process for online courses
- Provide direction on storing/cataloging courses/materials within the LMS
- Evaluate the quality of training courses and recommend/implement improvements
- Maintain employee training records
- Provide input to the Training Strategy and the development of specific training development plans
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Work with management to ensure course materials are current and relevant to training needs
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of training experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales training programs
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Works independently with little supervision
- Must be able and willing to travel 20+ % of the time
- Experience with audio/visual editing software
- Experience with sales training
- Prior sales experience
As a certified Great Place to Work® employer, we are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. National General employees enjoy a generous paid time-off program and company-paid holidays, medical, dental and vision plans, prescription drug plans, short-term and long-term disability plans, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) plans with an employer match, and more.
National General also offers tuition reimbursement in addition to exceptional internal training and education programs designed to build careers within the company.
We value the diversity of ideas and unique skills of our team members, and recognize the ways in which their talents, contributions and individual viewpoints contribute to our success as a company.
Join the NatGen team, and find out how you can grow with us!
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.