Job Title: SQL Database Administrator - SQL DBA (Mid-Level)
The Database Administrator will work as a part of a team who are responsible for administering, supporting and assisting in the implementation of new and existing SQL systems, data conversions and migrations, stored procedure review, deployment and monitoring of the systems. This includes maintaining legacy system databases and assisting in the migration to new systems. This includes day-to-day administration, performance tuning, and maintenance supporting several core systems. The Database Administrator will also be responsible for reviewing maintenance plans, ensure 100% of databases are backed up, respond to failures, write and test disaster recovery plans. This position can be located in one of the following offices: Boise, ID; Winston-Salem, NC; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Nashville, TN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Ensure system availability, recovery
- Execute performance tuning, backup and restoration of databases
- Provide daily management of Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure and assure service availability
- Maintain all databases including Development, QA, Training, and Production environments
- Work with business users, developers, and infrastructure teams to ensure quality products
- Responsible for documenting all database maintenance procedures
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Keep SQL servers up to date with necessary patches
- Perform release management activities
- Perform server migration/upgrade activities
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in database administration of SQL Server database environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- Thorough understanding of Relational Databases, T-SQL/PLSQL Scripting, Database Normalization best practices, database technologies and concepts
- Database Design in a Software Development Environment as a contributor
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Redgate, and Idera
- Proficient with SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity and performance issues
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Query Optimization
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Clustering, Replication and Always On
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS or SSAS
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.