<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span><span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span>Primary Purpose:
Responsible for ensuring that payroll is processed accurately, efficiently, and timely and will ensure compliance with all country, federal, state, local payroll and regulatory requirements. This leader also has ownership over the administration of payroll policies and procedures, regulations, payroll tax compliance, and all master payroll calendars and processing schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Manage the overall corporate payroll functions including payroll processing, payroll taxes, reviewing and revising policies and procedures, as well as internal controls, system review and upgrades
- Oversee execution of the bi-weekly payroll process from start to end, ensuring timely and accurate processing, delivery, and reconciliation of all business unit payroll runs across the United States
- Continuously evaluate the payroll process and implement improvements where needed
- Make recommendations for automating payroll processes, upgrading payroll software, and correcting any payroll problems
- Coordinate external and internal audits related to payroll, making sure the payroll department is adhering to company and legal standards
- Oversee payroll controls and compliance to identify, resolve, and avoid payroll compliance issues
- Provide approvals and troubleshoot problems as needed, providing coaching and mentoring to staff in support of resolution
- Manage the preparation of reports with summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Ensure payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax laws
- Ensure Payroll policies and procedures are applied appropriately and recommend changes and improvements to existing processes to expedite workflow and to enhance customer service
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advise Senior Vice President of Human Resources on needed actions
- Support all business initiatives which require support from payroll (i.e. system updates, changes in attendance policies, changes to employee benefits and compensation, etc.)
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the payroll function, partnering with HR, Finance, and business leaders to drive standardization of all payroll policies and procedures. Identifies and implements control and compliance mechanisms
- Develop a payroll integration strategy for acquisitions and a successful plan for execution of these activities
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 10+ years of payroll administration experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience with multi-state tax compliance and payroll tax functions
- Experience with Federal/State relations and payroll law knowledge
- Experience with multiple vendors, including vendor management and negotiations
- Sound business acumen and judgement
- Strong planning, organization, delegation, and decision-making abilities
- Highly motivated with a strong customer focus
- Advanced skill level required in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels across the organization
- Ability to partner with other members of the HR team as well as cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Adaptability with experience in managing in an evolving environment.
- Analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Must be able and willing to travel 20+ % of the time
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or related field
- Experience with Workday
- Prior experience working with international or global payroll