Responsible for creating a comprehensive estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage claims leading to the proper disposition of claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Create a estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage
- Inspect damaged property and complete appropriate estimates and documentation
- Work toward claim resolution by maintaining regulatory compliance and fair claims practices within their authority
- Summarize claims in excess of authority and submit to manager for approval
- Maintain relations with both internal and external customers
- Negotiate settlements, make settlement payments and document all activities in the file
- Identify potential subrogation and fraud referral opportunities and refer to the appropriate representatives when potential exists
- Stay informed of changes in the collision repair industry as well as statutory and regulatory changes as they relate to material damage and communicate these changes to other claims personnel
- Performs other duties as directed
- as a mentor for other field representatives
- Assist with file reviews and file audits as needed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience in any combination of the areas: automobile estimates, collision repair and/or insurance environment
- Possess valid driver licensing and continuing education to keep license current
- Possess basic knowledge of material damage
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Ability to create estimates by way of estimating software
- Possess effective interpersonal skills
- Possess effective negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts and empathize with customers
- Possess effective skills in time management, organization, the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess knowledge of estimatics software (Mitchell/CCC/Audatex, etc.)
- Successful completion of one or more of the industry related courses or workshops: I-CAR training, structural damage analysis, steering and suspension, RV and heavy equipment and/or ASE
- Possess 1+ years of experience as a material damage estimator either in the insurance industry or the collision repair industry
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.