This position is responsible for maintaining a financial database from a managerial reporting perspective and other financial analysis in support of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Data collection, organization and analysis including income, expenses, losses, taxes, investments and income
- Maintenance of journal or subsidiary ledger
- Analyze and reconcile accounts with operating unit reports
- Financial forecasting and modeling
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Assist Finance Manager with strategic analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual revenue, expenses and income
- Proactively make recommendations to senior management based on analysis
- Provide other financial related analysis, as needed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related study or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work related experience
- 1+ years of experience in Finance and/or Strategy
- Proficient use of Excel and experience with financial models.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills needed to interact with senior management
- Experience in various financial roles with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Insurance industry experience
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Hyperion and Essbase
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team and lead teams in other functions
- Ability to adapt well to a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of management
- Masters of Business Administration Degree
- Exposure to non-financial areas, (e.g. accounting, purchasing, payroll, etc.) would be beneficial
- 2+ years of experience in Finance and/or Strategy
As a certified Great Place to Work® employer, we are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. National General employees enjoy a generous paid time-off program and company-paid holidays, medical, dental and vision plans, prescription drug plans, short-term and long-term disability plans, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) plans with an employer match, and more.
National General also offers tuition reimbursement in addition to exceptional internal training and education programs designed to build careers within the company.
We value the diversity of ideas and unique skills of our team members, and recognize the ways in which their talents, contributions and individual viewpoints contribute to our success as a company.
Join the NatGen team, and find out how you can grow with us!
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
National General Insurance