Position/Title: DevOps Engineer III (Azure/TFS/VSTS) - 100% Remote
Location: 100% Remote
Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. Provide communication and collaboration between software development and infrastructure team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement .NET application software release practices that can be used enterprise wide to create a consistent and commonly understood process by all concerned parties
- Collaborate with developers and establish Visual Studio solution organization
- Setup Azure DevOps Services builds, transformations and deployment configurations for each environment
- Setup continuous integration capabilities
- Delegate access to application developers to trigger non-production builds/deployments
- Perform production build/deploy activities for application releases
- Support production deployments, assist with troubleshooting deployment issues
- Assist with branching/merging in support of parallel development requirements
- Collaborate with testing teams and assist with performance testing setups/executions
- Facilitate load/performance testing in support of business sales cycles
- Liaison between application development and infrastructure teams in the establishment of needed infrastructure in the development and subsequent support of application solutions
- Develop an understanding of infrastructure footprint of existing .NET solutions and utilize as a pattern for new solutions
- Serve as the SME for software development life-cycle tools - tools support testing, monitoring, integration/release and scheduling areas
- Work closely with internal teams such as Development, Infrastructure, DBAs, and Storage
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, patch, and upgrade software application products
- Monitors usage and changes configurations to improve capacity or performance of servers
- Participate in system performance tuning and technical troubleshooting sessions
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Strong hands on experience in CI/CD implementation within Azure DevOps Services (formally Visual Studio Team Services)
- 4 - 6 years of distributed build/deploy experience
- Heavy hands on experience in Azure DevOps Services (formally Visual Studio Team Services) GIT experience, including build and release pipeline automation, branching and merge strategies.
- Strong knowledge of iterative Software Development methodology including design, coding, testing and implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Performs work under minimal supervision
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Ability to lead and work with other team members, including mentoring less experienced team members
- Ability to work with and understand business client requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and procedures, multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages - Powershell preferred.
- Strong knowledge of server technologies (ex. IIS configurations, monitoring agents) and network configurations (ex. DNS, proxy, firewall rule exceptions)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.