Functional Job Title: Agency Services Representative I
Reports To: Department Manager
Job Family: Organizational Description
Effective Date: 12/01/2019
Reporting to the Department Manager, from the Healthcare Solutions Team office, the ASR1 will be responsible for assisting agents in the field by processing carrier applications, answering commissions questions, and providing back office support to help streamline their daily operations so they can do what they do best - sell maximize sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls
- Respond to agent emails via a Ticket System
- Provide agents with back-office support
- Assist agents with commissions questions, leads support, product information, and more
- Work with agents regarding missing application items
- Promote and support A&H product sales
- Make proactive outbound calls to agents to enhance business partnership
- Maintain positive working relationships with assigned accounts
- Share Present HST available advantages and company & benefits with inquiring agents
- Maintain agent commission and reporting portal
- Meet or exceed call quality metrics
- Provide world class support on every call
- Additional projects as available and assigned
The ideal candidate for this position brings an enthusiasm for providing the best customer service experience to both internal and external customers. All employees must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and be able to tolerate a multitude of simultaneous tasks ambiguity as we the company continues to grow and develop.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a professional office
- Background in account management preferred
- Customer Service- minimum 2 years' experience
- Experience in a call-center environment preferred
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with multiple computer screens
- Insurance industry experience a plus!
Must be able to:
- Sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Work in an open environment
- Navigate multiple computer screens at once
Requirements to be included:
Knowledge (Education and Experience Note: If this job requires College Education, yet one or more current incumbents do not have this level of education, the requirements should read: College Degree or equivalent education, training and work-related experience) Skills (Computer Applications, Technical, Interpersonal, Problem Solving, etc.) Other Requirements (Licenses, Travel, Language requirements such as English or Spanish)
Desired Skills may include:
Supplemental education or certifications (MBA, PhD, CPA, etc.) Supplemental computer knowledge (Access, MS Projects, etc.)
Years of experience specifically in Insurance
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.