Account Support Specialist
National General Insurance Milwaukee, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Handles client service concerns by maintaining and servicing inbound call activity and emails. Improve persistency and overall client satisfaction by serving as point of contact within sales offices, agencies, and employers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Answer inbound ACD calls, manage email correspondence and perform outbound follow-ups
- Execute effective resolutions on service needs, including claims, billing, eligibility, licensing, commissions, web access, retention and other customer service needs that arise
- Provide a highly personalized member experience dedicated to educating Employers, Brokers and members on coverage and the tools and resources available to them
- Foster a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve goals resulting in the ability to influence the organization to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Perform root cause analysis and determine proper course of action
- Explain insurance concepts in an easy to understand format
- Demonstrate strong understanding of all workflows and business processes to execute overall service strategy
- Identify areas of process improvement and works with manager and internal organization to improve processes
- Meet and exceed individual and team performance goals related to specific quality goals
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably related to health insurance
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Previous industry experience
- Understanding of concepts related to health insurance policy administration, including claims, benefits, premiums, eligibility, etc.
- Advanced customer service skills-ability to handle a wide variety of callers in a professional manner and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to process complex time sensitive information from multiple sources, make decisions based on data and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Team oriented ability to provide guidance on process, procedures, and product
- Comfortable with delivering and receiving feedback
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers.
Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture
Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing
Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team!
Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis in 2018)
National General InsuranceWhy Work Here?
Full Benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Matched 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, 18 Days of PTO; 11 Paid Company Holidays
What makes National General Insurance unique? Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers. Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team! Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us! Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis in 2018)
BusinessView all jobs at National General Insurance