The Corporate Recruiter II provides full-cycle recruiting services to the assigned business unit(s) and is responsible for providing the sourcing, qualifying and delivering diverse candidates primarily for high-volume non-exempt and exempt level positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Consult with business leaders on position requirements, candidate availability and job descriptions for high volume open positions to execute on full-cycle recruitment responsibilities
- Partner with hiring managers on labor market trends and candidate sourcing specific to their needs
- Understand the talent demands of their assigned functional area and translate those demands into a staffing strategy that is timely and results driven with clear action items
- Develop creative sourcing plans to include traditional networking strategies, web-based, and social media (non-traditional) strategies
- Assist in execution of the college and university recruitment strategy to support the growing business
- Review resumes and applications, phone interview, and recommend top talent for a wide-variety of positions including front-line recruiting to include customer service, sales, claims, and call-center positions
- Full cycle recruiting for exempt-level management customer service, sales, claims, and call-center positions
- Coordinate interview appointments, feedback and decisions to internal and external applicants
- Provide offer information to selected candidates, both verbal and written, ensuring accuracy and consistency with company policy
- Conduct time-sensitive on-boarding activities including pre-hire background check processes
- Must be highly organized to be able to manage and track applicants, and provide weekly recruitment status updates to assigned business unit, team lead, and/or manager
- Work with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies andor practices
- Work to ensure that the Four E's philosophy is exhibited in recruiting activities and candidates in the recruitment and selection process
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 4+ years of corporate, agency or headhunter recruiting experience
- 1+ year of insurance and/or financial services recruiting experience
- Intermediate experience supporting multiple business units in non-exempt level recruiting
- Intermediate experience with one or more recruiting software platforms such as: Taleo, MyStaffingPro, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, Indeed, ICIMS, Workday
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with strong attention to detail
- Skilled in establishing productive and effective working relationships
- Ability to learn new technology and adapt to a new environment. Strong analytical, administration and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in protection and dissemination of company confidential and proprietary information
- Must have experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access)Desired Skills:
- Insurance and/or financial services recruiting experience
- High volume and/or call center recruiting experience
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.