This position works under the direction of the Actuarial Department in the P&C Division and spends a majority of their time preparing and analyzing statistical, financial, and other external information to support fact-based decisions related to financial results, pricing, or reserving projections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Preparing and analyzing data required for actuarial projection models produced and distributed by the actuarial team
- Assists with analysis and implementation of changes to new and existing actuarial projection models
- Supports enhancement of projection models, pricing models and/or reserving models to improve prediction accuracy
- Assists with the analysis of experience trends, factors, profitability and other issues
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional teams, including product, finance, accounting, claims, IT, and management
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in insurance, actuarial science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, risk management, economics, business administration or related analytics-oriented discipline
- Actuarial CAS Exams: 2 or more
- Ability to project results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, identify patterns and root causes
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in managing and manipulating data in Excel and other tools
- Experience in SAS/SQL/VBA programming or a demonstrated understanding of relational databases, a plus
- Experience with personal or commercial lines insurance reserving or ratemaking methodologies, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present information to management and other functional teams
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.